My grandmother left this world on Nov. 4. It wasn't entirely unexpected, but I don't think death is something you ever get used to. I wish I'd gotten to know her better - I think the language barrier, the generation gap and the differences between the world she came from and the world us kids lived in was too much to bridge when we were young. We knew though, that she loved us, and though we didn't express it much then, we loved her too. Thanks for being there for us, grandma. We'll miss you.
---
Shortly after the funeral, my mom told me something that I will never forget: one of the my aunts was saying to my mom that she (my mom) was the only one with the patience to listen to the elders (other relatives, friends, acquaintances who are still with us) talk for hours on end. My mom said simply, listen to them now, because when they can't talk to you anymore and you WANT them to, you won't be able to do anything about it - it'll be too late.
Thursday, November 13, 2003
Blogs
my del.icio.us
Previous Posts
- For children, childhood is timeless. It's always t...
- You said the words, And I said them too; Then you ...
- I've been meaning to sit down and blog, but as you...
- When the heart overflows, it comes out through the...
- Found this in today's newspaper - I hope it doesn'...
- Top 5 procrastination techniques of the day: #1 ...
- Been awhile... My sister moved back into the hous...
- How does it happen that we can associate certain s...
- I've logged on numerous times over the past week i...
- procrastination \Pro*cras`ti*na"tion\, n. [L. proc...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home