Thursday, June 03, 2004

One of the poets from the reading I went to (see blog from yesterday - no, I'm not a pretentious art-fart) said that writing about difficult, sad and otherwise negative moments is more interesting than writing about happy moments. I've always approached writing with a similar mindset - I mean, I don't know if the negative moments in my life are very interesting to other people, but writing about these events allows me to vent out my frustation in what (I believe) is a less stressful and less annoying (at least to my friends, who don't have to listen to me go on and on) way to "let go" of problems/issues.

So what about the happy moments? Are they really less interesting? Well, I don't know...I guess I'm just selfish and want to keep all those memories to myself. Maybe I'm just not into sharing...

There are other reasons too, I suppose, for not shouting out to the world that I've got it good and that I'm happy and in love: I don't like making others feel like I'm boasting or competing for "happiness points" and I also find it tough to write about happy events (especially when they pertain to love) without sounding super, super cheesy.

I also think that those who are around me a lot know whether I'm happy or not, anyway. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm talking about my relationship here (one that has recently passed the one year mark in happiness). I know he knows I love him. I know that he loves me too. It's really just as simple as that. Why get complicated?

As he said to me, may our story be one that never ends...

---

Cheesiness surfacing...must go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home