Thursday, March 17, 2005

Cheers to green beer! Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!

(Ok, I think green beer looks disgusting, but everyone was in such a good mood today, I can't help but be cheery too.)

---

I was busting out of my clothes when I got back from dinner tonight, which is why I'm sitting here in my very comfy hand-me-down Port Credit wrestling team sweatshirt (it was my brother's) and my elastic-waisted pj's. Shaky and I went on our yearly birthday date at Auberge du Pommier and once again gorged ourselves with good food. Even though I think I liked the main dish I had last year better than this year (had the scallops and braised oxtail last year; grouper this year), I had an excellent time overall (the truffle soup, cream cheese mousse and the Kir Royale granite were yum, and of course I had great company).

I can't wait to go back next year!

---

I'm going to the Andrea Bocelli concert in April! I know I'm paying an arm and a leg, but how often does he come to Toronto? Not very. And since I haven't yet bought myself a birthday present this year, it'll be my very special gift to me.

---

In my last blog, I outlined some goals I have for the next year or so. Now I've decided to tack on another goal for myself: to start running.

Since about the time I was 11 years old, I've had an aversion to running because of some severe asthma attacks I had when I was forced to complete the endurance run in gym class. Since university, I've tried to improve my physical fitness, with good months of regular workouts and downtimes of non-activity. Right now I'm trying to get back into the "activity" mode with workouts, etc, but feel like I really need a challenge. I don't think I'm ready for a 10k run yet, so I'm going to go to the Running Room, buy some good runners and join a running clinic. I'm going to aim for a 5k sometime this summer, so wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home